Join the Grace Family www.gracehospicecaring.org
If you are seeking a career that puts you in a position to change the world, one life at a time, you have come to the right place.
At Grace Hospice we offer professional care with a personal touch by focusing on the patients and families, not the disease, while emphasizing quality of life and dignity. We have built our nonprofit Hospice Agency by going back to the original roots of hospice care reach in spiritual, emotional and physical care for those at their end of life. We are an equal opportunity, drug free organization striving for excellence while offering competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
Position Summary: The RN organizes and directs hospice care to patients with a terminal diagnosis needing hospice services in their home or community setting. The RN provides case management, admission facilitation, clinical support, continuous care, after hours call, and/or other skilled nursing expertise with end-of-life care.
- Displays an attitude of courtesy and respect for all prospective patients, families, staff and referral sources
- Functions as a team member with other staff in the performance of duties.
- Seeks and accepts feedback regarding the performance of job duties.
- Is aware of patient confidentiality and adheres to HIPPA regulations.
- Displays an understanding of vulnerable adult issues.
- Displays an understanding of hospice patients’ rights.
- Exhibits sound mature judgment.
- Patient Care Delivery
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current state of Minnesota RN licensure
- Three years recent nursing experience in acute, long-term care or home care/hospice/public health
- Patient care planning and patient teaching skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinker
- Current Minnesota driver’s license, insurance and daily access to reliable vehicle
- Computer literacy